Resources to discuss the current unrest:
Discussing race with children:
- Child Care Advocacy in a Post-COVID World: Session #3 – June 1st at 2:00 p.m. will be exploring lessons that child care advocates can learn from successful statewide advocacy campaigns in other fields. Register here! For a recording of Session #2 click here.
- State of Early Childhood Webinar from May 27, 2020 12:00 PM please find the link to the webinar recording and slide deck
Child Care Advocacy in a Post-COVID World
- Webinar recording of VECF’s : Phase One Child Care Guidance featuring Jenna Conway, Chief School Readiness Officer and Tara Ragland, Director of Licensing Programs at the VA Dept. of Social Services. You can access the webinar recording here and the PowerPoint slides here . Additional resources from the webinar here .
For Those Supporting Children with Disabilities and their Familes:
Helping Children Cope:
Supporting at Home Learning:
Teaching at Home:
- VECF webinar on how Virginia’s $70 million for child care support will be disseminated along with other informational documents and application here
- NAEYC: What child care providers need to know about current national loan programs: PPP, EIDL and a new webinar “Paying yourself, your staff and your bills”. Recording here
- Hinge Brokers: Resources for small businesses, parent letter template and past webinars
- Families Forward VA presents: Virtual Town Hall with Dr. Melissa Merrick on the importance of supports for children/families socially and emotionally.
- Take 15 mins to watch Oprah & children’s mental health expert Bruce Perry discuss the pandemic as a collective and how to help children and families.
- How to make the most of video chats with kids.
VECF Webinars-Resources for Child Care Programs Impacted:
- “Talking to Children About COVID-19” from First Lady of Virginia Pam Northam. Watch here!
- Social Distancing for Families: Screen Time Strategies and Resources. Recording here.
- Social Distancing with children under 6. Recording here.
- VECF webinar with great information and tools for family day home providers from “Resources for Child Care Programs Impacted by COVID-19”. Listen and view materials here!
- COVID-19 Stimulus Bill Update and Business Resources for Early Care Programs. Recording here.
- “Food Insecurities and Early Childhood during COVID-19” Recording here
- Worried about paying your staff during COVID-19 and have other HR questions? Listen to this recording.
- Top 10 tax deductions for family child care by Tom Copeland Listen here!
- Hinge EarlyEducation webinar recordings:
- Parent engagement, tuition and rent/mortgage strategies, including SBA loans. Listen here!
- Real time COVID -19 crisis response for child care programs. Listen here!
- Keeping your child care program healthy. Listen here!
- “Child Care Programs: Don’t Just Survive but Thrive During This Crisis”. Listen Here!
- Recording from VECF Early Childhood Stakeholder Call – COVID-19 Update from March 24th
- Recording: “Dealing with the financial side of COVID-19 for child care providers.” by Tom Copeland
- Recording: (you must register to view the recording) “Bracing for COVID-19, What early childhood programs need to know and consider now.” With Tom Copeland and CCAoA experts in health and emergency prep.
- Recording: “Addressing the Policy Needs of Family Child Care During the COVID-19 Pandemic”
- VECF hosted a briefing on Virginia’s recently released child care guidance with state agency officials. Click here to listen to the recording of the call, including important questions from providers across Virginia.
- Dr. Bergen Nelson’s Facebook Live March 19 Recording
- Child Care Aware of America National focus on COVID-19 Recording
- VECF State focus on COVID-19 Recording